Powa Beam 9" Spotlight HID
Powa Beam's biggest and brightest hand held Spotlight is the 9" 70W HID, provided a long tight white beam designed for distance!
Adjustable Focus System
These spotlights are fitted with adjustable-focused reflector that makes focusing your beam so much easier. You take the case off, unscrew the lock ring, and spin your reflector until you see the beam you want. Once you have that beam set, simply screw the lock ring back on, put it back in the case and you're set to go. No longer will you need to remove the glass and risk damaging your reflector.
- 245mm (9") Spotlight Diameter
- 9-32V, 70W HID Ballast
- 5000K Neutral White Light
- All parts are replaceable
- UPC: 793573 606525
What is HID?
- HID lighting system stand for High Intensity Discharge Lamp. The HID lamp is a system that produces light by putting xenon gas and metal halide salts into the light emitting tube installed inside the HID lamp. The electrons inside the light emitting tube collide with the metal atoms, using 20,000 volts generated from the control system (ballast) to produce light.
- Bulb: The Xenon Gas and mercury Metal Halide Salts existing inside the light emitting tube causes the molybdenum electrodes on both sides to plasma discharge and create energy, which in turn produces light.
- Ignitor: This is an electronic amplifier that receives electric current from the ballast and boosts voltage to ignite the Arc Light Source in all environments. It initialises plasma discharge within the source by delivering a high voltage pulse to the electrodes.
- Ballast: This is an electronic control unit used to initialise arc and supply a stabilised power supply to the bulb and ignitor during normal arc conditions.
What are the Advantages of HID?
- Durability: Improved durability as road vibrations can cause damage to coil lighting technologies.
- Higher Colour Temp: More closely reflects that of natural daylight and improves both light intensity / reflection and light distribution, for earlier recognition of animals, people and objects.
- Longer Service Life: A HID lamp will last, on the average, at least 5 times longer than a halogen bulb. In practical terms the life span of the bulb is equal to that of the car, so the bulb should only need replacing in exceptional circumstances.
- Low Power Consumption: The standard 35w HID system produces on average 4.5 times the amount of light however it only uses approx. 3.0amps , compared to a standard 100w halogen which uses approx.8amps.
- Do not touch the HID bulb, ballast and cord after turning on the system: It generates 20,000 voltage while turned on and may cause burns or fatal accidents by electric shock, as well as shorten the lifespan of the bulb.
- Do not turn on/off frequently: It will shorten the lifespan of the bulb. It may also cause the HID bulb not to turn on which is an indication that the safety circuit is activated on the ballast and it is not a fault. Wait a while then turn it back on.
- If HID turns off while in use: Turn it off at the switch and wait approximately 15min then turn it on again. If the bulb returns to its normal condition then this indicates that a safety switch was activated and you can continue using the light. If there is no improvement then contact the store you purchased the light from.
Powa Beam’s limited warranty guarantees that all Powa Beam brand products are to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period of 3 YEARS after retail purchase from an authorized dealer. Please retain proof of purchase for warranty purposes.
This guarantee excludes, but is not limited to, damages from road hazards/accidents, improper installation (including wiring) or operation, modification, unauthorized repair, misapplication or deliberate damage. It also excludes any consequential damage or inconvenience caused by failure of the product. Powa Beam’s liability is limited to the repair or replacement at Powa Beam’ discretion. No warranty exists for bulbs, globes or lens unless specified.